The Bloom Classroom
Supplement virtual and home learning by joining us for a mixed-age Google Classroom! This option covers the fall semester of membership to our Bloom Classroom! We'll have a parent meeting in August and start up in September. Learn more here. Two sessions will be recorded and uploaded weekly for three weeks of each month. We will meet Live once a month for an hour for movement, club meetings, and sharing what we've been learning!
Class recordings will include:
- Monday's Video: The first video of the week will include an academic challenge and a club challenge. Academic challenges will be play or problem based tasks based on learner interests and universal learning standards (I'll check the different standards for states based on who joins our class!). These will inspire playful learning and problem-solving all week long. Badge challenges are designed and submitted by learners! Each week, I'll share a different badge challenge and learners can try to complete the challenge for a badge!
- Thursday's Video: The second weekly video will include an invitation to share what you've learned this week and mindful movement or crafts! With the help of their adults, learners can share what they've leared via photos, text, video and chat discussion and photos (you get to post these in our classroom!). We learn through discussion and through community members (learners, teachers, adults) affirming our identities as math problem solvers, pre-writers, readers, art makers, etc. Our mindfulness session will feature yoga and/or a mindful craft.
- You'll also get a monthly downloadable activity guide to go along with the videos!
- Learn more and print a getting to know you sheet here! Enrolling in The Bloom Classroom? Send me a pic of your kiddos' sheets!
- Parents should be in the room and ready to be hands on with kiddos ages 4-6. Parents should be within ear shot of kiddos ages 7-10. Live sessions will be recorded but they will ONLY be shared in our paid, password protected Google Classroom.
- I use a play and problem based approach to teaching and learning. I strive to be an anti-racist, anti-biased educator. In my classroom, all learners will learn to use their voice and power to advocate for themselves and others.
- I will provide a basic supply list for the year and tips for what is needed each month, but I will strive to only use things you'd have on hand. A yoga mat will be handy, but a towel or blanket can work as well.
- To keep the cost of this program low, I will only be available for logistical questions from parents. If you want more one-on-one support, please join me for coaching! I will host quarterly parent meetings to do gather feedback, etc.
Enrollment in the Bloom Classroom is included for varying number of months in long-term coaching packages OR as a stand-alone.
Join today! I'll email you a Google Form so we can plan our parent meeting and session meeting times.